The Special Recreation Association of Central Lake County was formed in 1976 as a cooperative effort of Member Agencies with the purpose to provide year round community based recreation services to individuals with disabilities and their families. Member Agencies provide the primary source of operational revenue through a property tax levy available to park districts and municipalities who have entered into a cooperative agreement, or through a general fund.
The Special Recreation Association of Central Lake County provides recreations programs and services to individuals with special needs or disabilities, and their families, who reside within the boundaries of Member Agency communities.
To be a respected leader through the provision of high quality community based recreation experiences that enrich the quality of life for our participants and their families.
- SRACLC will implement and maintain a broad base of recreation programming encompassing sports, cultural arts, social and leisure independence.
- SRACLC will assist its cooperative Member Agencies and the populations they serve.
- SRACLC will operate and provide recreation services utilizing sound fiscal management.
- SRACLC will comply with federal, state, and local mandates.
- SRACLC will actively market and promote its services to the community.
- SRACLC will maintain and assist its Foundations and its fundraising efforts.
- See All 2022 Goals and Objectives
Parent Advisory Meetings
Parent Advisory Meetings are held each spring and fall with a purpose to voice the interests and needs of those we serve. SRACLC staff will host the meetings and then report to the SRACLC Director. Please watch your emails for meeting invitations or contact Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.