Active Adult is SRACLC’s year-round adult day program for individuals who are 22 and older with disabilities. This recreation based program is designed to enrich the lives of its participants while maintaining personal wellness, socialization, and living skills.
- Recreation/Leisure-community outings, games & sports, arts & crafts, and cultural arts
- Wellness and Health-workouts and nutrition activities
- Living Skills-social etiquette, money management, and personal safety
- Socialization-communication skills and cooperative games
Program Sites and Meeting Times
All sites meet 9:30am-2:30pm for 44 weeks per year.
Mundelein-Santa Maria del Popolo
40 N. Seymour Avenue, Mundelein
Round Lake-Special Recreation Center
2071 N. Orchard Lane, Round Lake Beach
Vernon Hills-Hartmann Pavilion
292 Oakwood Road. Vernon Hills
No Program Dates:
Spring Break week (last full week of March) 3/25/24-3/29/24
The week of Memorial Day and the week following 5/27/24-6/7/24
Fourth of July week 7/1/24-7/5/24
Labor Day week 9/2/24-9/6/24
Thanksgiving week 11/18/24-11/22/24
Two weeks around the Christmas and New Year holidays 12/23/24-1/3/25
- Contact the Active Adult Manager at the SRACLC Office (847) 816-4866.
- A tour will be set up for potential new participants and their families to see the program’s facility and if possible programming activities.
- An Intake Assessment is completed by the Active Adult Manager with the new potential participant and their family. This assessment provides staff with valuable information which allows SRACLC to conduct its activities in the safest possible manner and to meet the basic needs of participants.
- Schedule and successfully attend a free one-day trial at the desired program location.
- Based on the program availability, the participant will be enrolled in the desired program and/or on the waitlist.
- Once admitted into the program, new participants will be reassessed after three weeks to evaluate the All participants will be evaluated annually to assure proper groupings and staffing.
- One-time registration
- After the initial registration, each participant will remain enrolled in the program until a resignation notice is submitted to the SRACLC Office. The program fees will be withdrawn monthly.
- Enrollment into Active Adult is based on open availability in the program. If the desired location and/or days are not available then the participant will be put on the waitlist.
- Once there is an available opening in the program, the Active Adult Manager will contact the first person on the list and continue through the list until the spot is filled.
- If a participant on the waitlist is offered admittance into the program and it has been declined twice, that participant will then be moved to the bottom of the waitlist. The only exception is if the participant is still currently enrolled in school.
- Students who are currently in a transition program through school are encouraged to add to the waitlist as soon as possible.
For more information, please visit our website or contact Renee Stoklosa, Active Adult Recreation Manager