General Registration Information
- Registration is now accepted online or at our office. Please see How To Register for information regarding online registration.
- Full payment is required upon registration unless specific arrangements have been made with the SRACLC Director (i.e. Financial Aid).
- Registrations WILL NOT be processed if a fee balance remains from a previous season.
- Processing of registrations will begin at 1:00 p.m. each day in concurrence with the listed dates and guidelines.
- Complete the seasonal form and waiver.
- The Annual Information Form MUST accompany the Registration Form.
- All checks must be made payable to SRACLC.
- Credit cards VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS and DISCOVER are accepted and will be kept on file.
- SRACLC does not send confirmation of registration. Your canceled check serves as your receipt. However, you may call to confirm your registration.
- Signed registrations must be received by the SRACLC office a minimum of three working days before participation can begin. Faxes are accepted. Please follow with original when sending a fax. When sending a fax, payment must be received within three (3) working days.
- Phone reservations cannot be taken and will not “hold your place” unless your registration form for the current session has been processed.
- SRACLC office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
SRACLC attempts to provide you with information about our programs and services as accurately as possible. However, due to scheduling conflicts, facility problems, instructor availability, etc., last minute adjustments may be necessary. We apologize for any inconvenience should you be affected by such an occurrence.
Unless requested or confirmed by the SRACLC office, refunds will be held as a credit. All credits not requested for immediate reimbursement will be paid out by April 30 of each year. Requested refunds will be processed on the fourth Wednesday of each month.
- SRACLC reserves the right to cancel a program due to insufficient enrollment. (See minimum and maximum enrollment for each program.)
- If the Association finds it necessary to cancel a program before the second meeting, a full refund will be given.
- If a program is canceled by the Association after the second meeting, a prorated refund will be given on the basis of meetings not held.
- All requests for refunds must be submitted in writing.
- Medical Reasons: A full or prorated refund will be granted if a medical condition prohibits participation, including Covid-19 symptoms or uncertainties.
- All refund requests are subject to a minimum $5.00 service charge per program. The service charge is waived if the refund request is made prior to a given program registration deadline. Any service charge will be applied to an unpaid balance.
- No refund will be given for any special event or program activity that requires a pre-paid purchase by SRACLC unless an alternate can be placed. There can be no exceptions.
- No refund will be given after the registration deadline unless the program is deemed inappropriate for the participant. Please see above for exceptions.
- SRACLC realizes that inappropriate behavior or conduct may occur. However, if the behavior persists and is deemed hazardous to any individual, the SRACLC Director reserves the right to suspend participants with a prorated refund given.
RESIDENT: Individuals residing within the legal boundaries of a SRACLC Member Agency (Park Districts of Grayslake, Mundelein, Vernon Hills, and Villages of Hawthorn Woods, Lake Zurich, Libertyville, and Lincolnshire) are considered “residents” of the Association and pay the in-district fee. Residents receive priority when registering for ALL PROGRAMS through the registration deadline.
NON-RESIDENT: Any individual whose primary residence is outside of a Member Agency’s legal boundary is considered a non-Resident.
The Special Recreation Association of Central Lake County has approved and implemented non-resident guidelines and fees for its programs. The fees are listed for all programs in the brochure. All individuals residing outside of the legal boundaries of current SRACLC member agencies will be subject to these guidelines.
All individuals residing outside of the legal boundaries of current SRACLC member agencies will be subject to these guidelines.
- SRACLC will no longer seek funding from townships to off-set non-resident fees for residents of unincorporated areas. Townships that have previously supported the Association have been notified.
- All programs considered “Special Events” will now have a minimum 25% add on charge.
- All other areas including “Adult Day”, “Day Camp”, “Special Olympics”, and “Weekly” will be subject to:
- Payment of the yearly non-resident administrative fee which will allow full resident access to all programs for one year from the date of receipt of payment. The 2020/21 administrative fee is set at $2,344.00.
- Pay the indicated fee which has a 100% add on charge to the resident fee.
- SRACLC will continue to accept families who own property or a business that pays real estate taxes to a member agency community as residents. Proof of ownership will be required.
- Individuals who were considered as non-residents on or before April 30, 2011 will not be subject to non-resident fees, except for the minimum 25% charge for “Special Events”. These individuals will be “grandfathered” into programs under the same policies/procedures governing their participation during that time.
If there are any questions, please contact John Buckner, SRACLC Director, at 847-816-4866.
SRACLC encourages and promotes the concept of fun for everyone. However, certain rules have been established to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all people involved.
SRACLC participants are expected to demonstrate appropriate behavior during programs. The Association’s basic behavior code insists that participants shall:
- Show respect to each other and staff.
- Abstain from using foul or abusive language.
- Refrain from inflicting bodily harm to any individual.
- Demonstrate respect to equipment and facilities.
- Have control of bowel and bladder (diapers and catheters are acceptable.)
A caring, positive approach will be utilized regarding the use of any disciplinary methods. Additional or individual behavior management plans may be developed on the advice of parents, guardians, SRACLC staff, or other professionals. SRACLC reserves the right to dismiss a participant if the above noted procedures are not adhered to, and/or, parent/guardian response to a problem situation is not attempted. Each situation will be evaluated individually and on its own merit.
The following procedures are to be followed to maintain safe transportation of SRACLC staff and participants.
- All passengers must be seated with seat belts fastened immediately upon entering the vehicle. Wheelchairs must be securely belted and fastened. The vehicle will not proceed until these procedures have been followed.
- SRACLC staff are responsible for determining whether or not an individual may be transported safely due to behavior or health concerns.
- SRACLC staff will not leave any person unattended after any program unless written permission has been received from said individual’s parent/guardian.
- Persons riding Amigo-type wheelchairs must transfer to a van seat.
- No object (i.e. hands, head, trash) is to protrude or be thrown from the vehicle at any time. Windows will be opened upon permission from SRACLC staff.
- SRACLC does not provide door-to-door transportation but will offer pick up and drop off locations for selected programs.
- If three (3) or more people from one community will utilize an additional drop off/pick up location, SRACLC will try to accommodate this request.
- SRACLC reserves the right to refuse or discontinue transportation services. Please realize that these procedures have been implemented to ensure the safety of all participants and staff. Thank you for your cooperation.
- All wheelchairs must be in proper working condition.
- SRACLC reserves the right to use safety harnesses on vehicles, if deemed necessary by the Risk Management team.
Please be on time for drop off and pick up. The SRACLC van can only wait five minutes after the scheduled time before departing to its next location.
Participants must have a parent or guardian call the office for all program questions or additions.
Contact the office to be placed on or to receive a copy of our parent car pooling list.